Thursday, January 29, 2015

Spot the Moment

The name of the performer escapes me, but he does all sorts of demo shit. And you can tell that he's got the chops, so demoing a cheap self working trick is a downgrade in a humiliating kind of way.

Take a look at the following video. Skip to the very end, and you see what happens after the demo. You can see his fake smile fading and his true disgust comes through. You can actually see the moment his heart breaks as he realizes what sad, sad thing he's done.


6 comments:

Michael Jay said...

If anything is humiliating, it's that haircut...Although, certainly, he's unhappy because he knows the audience is aware of 'self working' versus 'sleight of hand.' They can always see the difference because we, as magicians, make sure that they see each and every one of our secret moves.

I know that whenever I do an ambitious card routine, I bring along a Sven deck to show them that I'm not using that and further make sure that they see just how clever my double lift is.

the Minutemen said...

Asians tend like to have those hairstyle.

Am I the only one thought that to get six silk from such a big tube not magical at all?

Michael Jay said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Michael Jay said...

Yea, and those same Asians popularized the whole "Bagel Head" body modification, too. What's your point?

Unknown said...

I kill a cat

Anonymous said...

Poor guy, silks...colored silks.