Monday, July 27, 2009

WMF Dirk "I didn't steal the floating table" Losander



A German Magician, who didn't steal the floating table from Tommy Wonder. Just the gimmick from Tommy's floating bird cage...

Anyway. I always found this magician kind of odd. Something about his style, his hairdo or his weird obsession with levitations, I do not know.

And I must admit his floating tables are damn fine products.

But this is just bad:


A card is selected. Lost in the deck. The deck is put inside a box. The box is levitated and when opened the selected card is apart from the rest of deck.

Wtf, What is the effect?
Does the card separate from the deck and that separation causes the box to levitate? If so, why the box?
Does the box cause the separation by levitating? If so, why the piece of silk?
Does the silk cause the levitation and the separation? If so, how?

This is a product that is not fully cooked yet. Sure it looks nice, but that should not be the only redeeming quality.

And this is true for a lot of his products. Same method, a floating baseball cap.

Same wtf from my side.

In the magic community he is known for floating soap bubbles. Why float soap bubbles? They float by themselves. I get the impression that Dirk doesn't really think his stuff all the way through. In fact it seems like the good stuff he does is created by chance and not by hard work.

AND ONE PERSONAL THING:


We do not play this game in Germany. It was made up by Dirk Losander, spreading lies about us salt tossing Germans.

So why is he a WMF... because I said so. It is my blog I can do what ever I want.

1 comment:

darkstar said...

Didn't he get hit in the face by a bird while riding a roller coaster?

I can't believe it's not butter.

Fabio is magic. Fabio forever.